To prepare the body of the future mom upon the arrival of the foetus, so that the body can adapt itself at best to the changes which it is going to undergo.
If pains are already present, it is important be treated, to avoid that these pains increase during the pregnancy.
For unknowen reasons, the Middle Ages live to disappear these practices of the official therapeutic arsenal, practices which had nevertheless showed the power through the centuries.
In case of difficulties of conception, functional infertility or idiopathique (which we do not know the origin), the osteopathy can be a solution to be envisaged: a good mobility of the pond (articular, muscular and ligamentary) is essential for a good visceral function (wombs, trunks, ovaries) and puts the odds in your favor for a conception.
During her pregnancy, the pregnant woman is going to undergo physiological and mechanical modifications. The womb enlarges, what is going to pull:
An increase of the hollow-back lumbar vertebra, which is accompanied with a horizontalisation of the sacrum. It can be at the origin of tensions of certain ligaments, but also of an increase of the pressure on the intervertebral records. A lumbago, sometimes associated with a sciatalgie, can result from it. With risk of slipped disc:
- A refoulage of the intestinal mass, being able to pull digestive disorders (constipation, abdominal pains ...).
- A compression of the stomach, which makes difficult the ingestion of food too big quantities, and which can give functional disorders at the level of the stomach (ebb gastroenteritis - esophageal, acidity, pains of stomach ...).
- A request of the costal steakhouse. A pain at the level of coast(ribs) can appear, according to the positioning of your baby.
These transformations can pull(entail) functional disorders(confusions) or increase the intensity of already present disorders before the pregnancy.
Il est aussi important de préparer le bassin maternel à l'accouchement, afin qu'il y ait une bonne mobilité de tous les tissus pour favoriser le passage du bébé. Par exemple, un coccyx mal positionné ou non mobile, peut gêner le passage de la tête du bébé. Et inversement, le passage de la tête du bébé peut léser le coccyx de la maman.
A postnatal consultation must be envisaged to rebalance certain structures perturbed during the childbirth (perineum, pond, coccyx).
It is better to make this consultation before the périnéale or abdominal reeducation, so that your physiotherapist makes work your muscles on a pond and lumbar vertebrae balanced.
The number of sessions to be made at your osteopath's during the pregnancy is rather variable, everything depends on your pains.
As a general rule, I recommend:
- A session just before the conception, either from the 3rd month of pregnancy: it aims at putting the odds in your favor so that the pregnancy takes place at best from a mechanical point of view.
- A session (or several if pains) at about the 6th month of pregnancy: to verify that all the structures are mobile, to handle the possible pains, and to give all the chances to the baby to turn around (at about the 7th month).
- A session at the end of pregnancy, towards the end of the 8th month: to prepare the pond for the childbirth.
- Before the 12th week of amenorrheas, unless invalidating pain
- From the 9th month of pregnancy, except invalidating pain
- In case of MAP (Threat of Premature delivery), of shortened collar, big frequency of contractions (more than 10 a day)
- In case of pregnancy chorionic gémellaire mono amniotic mono
- In case of bleedings, in case of detachment of the placenta, the placenta prævia